Recommended texts to read before you apply to Oxbridge to study Politics and for interested students.
- Benedict Anderson. 1983. Imagined Communities: Reflections on the origins and Spread of Nationalism. London: Macmillan.
- John Dunn. 2005. Setting the People Free: The Story of Democracy. London: Atlantic.
- James Mayall. 2000. World Politics: Progress and its Limits. Cambridge: Polity.
- David Runciman. 2006. Politics of Good Intentions: History, Fear, and Hypocrisy in the New World Order. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- James C Scott. 1998. Seeing Like a State: How Certain Schemes to Improve the Human Condition have Failed. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Theda Skocpol. 1979. States and Social Revolutions: A Comparative Analysis of France, Russia, and China. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge.
- Adam Watson. 1992. The Evolution of International Society. London: Routledge.